Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break

As you know, if you’ve read the “About Me” section of this blog, I’m a public school teacher. Well, today is the last day of classes before Spring Break. We don’t go back to school until April 6…and, God in heaven knows, I’m so glad about that!

I am weary. I’m tired, too, and need to catch up on my sleep but, mostly, I’m just weary. Do you know what I mean? Mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, I need rest. I just want to spend some unhurried, quiet time talking to God and reading His word. And then, I want to relax with one or more of the books I’ve started but haven’t had the time, energy or motivation to read. Pray that the next week might prove to be a gracious time of refreshment from the Lord.

On another note, my father is coming to visit this weekend. The family and I are looking forward to it. As I wrote in a post this past summer, I only met my father a little over three-and-a-half years ago. This past summer was our first time to lay eyes on him. So, you see, we’re very excited to have the chance to see him again.

I hope you have a blessed week in the Lord, also.

No comments: