Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shout for joy!

Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
sing the glory of his name;
give to him glorious praise!
Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name.”
(Psalm 66:1-4)

I was glad to read this post by Justin Childers.

Now, I just wish I had the courage to actually put it into practice! Childers mentioned that prideful people do not shout. Timid and self-conscious people do not shout, either. So, whether overly-conscious of self or overly-conscious of others, either way, we keep our praise of God in check. May God free us to praise Him.

Also, follow this link to my church’s online sermons page. Find and listen to the message from Dr. Craig Williford, President of Trinity International University in Deerfield, IL, who was our guest preacher today. Dr. Williford preached on “Trusting In the God You Don’t Expect” from the book of Habakkuk. This was definitely God’s word to me today.

To tell you the truth: After hearing this message, I felt like shouting...although I didn’t dare (Pray for me!).

No comments: