Sunday, June 20, 2010

“He’ll Understand and Say ‘Well Done’”


As we come to the close of another Father’s Day, I want to link to this YouTube video (audio, actually) of The Famous Davis Sisters singing an arrangement of the Gospel song, “He’ll Understand, and Say ‘Well Done’”, by Lucie E. Campbell. This happens to be the song I sang as a solo at my great-grandfather’s funeral in 1989. I sang it straight but, in this recording, the Davis Sisters, led by big sister Ruth Davis, turn this simple song into a rollicking Gospel number.

I hope the song encourages you. Remember, when our Lord returns, if we’ve been faithful, we’ll hear these words: “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master” (Matthew 25:21, 23).

No comments: