Sunday, December 14, 2008

“Yes, I Know Jesus”

One evening a few weeks ago, Catherine, my wife, was trying out the video feature on her digital camera and recorded me playing a couple pieces on the piano at home. The other day, I decided to post these videoclips on YouTube. Below is the clip of me playing the gospel song, “Yes, I Know Jesus”.



This song is very simple, expressing a couple simple truths: I know Jesus and He’s done so much for me. I wish you could hear a choir singing along (you can find a few choir renditions on YouTube, if you search around a bit). In lieu of a choir, here are the lyrics:


Yes, I know Jesus,
Yes, I know Jesus,
Yes, I know Jesus for myself.
Woke me up this morning,
Saw a brand new dawning,
Feeds me when I'm hungry,
Comforts me when I’m lonely.
Yes, I know Jesus,
Yes, I know Jesus,
Yes, I know Jesus for myself.

Yes, I know Him for myself,
And He’ll do just what He said…
Yes, I know Jesus,
Yes, I know Jesus,
Yes, I know Jesus for myself.

What is implied here is that you, the listener, should get to know Jesus, too. As the “old folks” used to say, “You gotta know the Lord for yourself!” Why? Not because He is so good (and He is!). That’s just a bonus. The reason you and I need to know Jesus is because you and I need Him! God is holy and we are not. We have rebelled against God. We are sinners. As sinners, we deserve and have earned God's condemnation, but God gave His Son to be the Savior of all who will trust in Him. As the Bible puts it: “For our sake he [God] made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).


By the grace of God, I know Jesus. He has become my Savior, and He is my Lord. Do you know Him? Will you trust Him?

6 comments:

David Reimer said...

What a blessing! :) Words, music, pictures, and lyrics. I'm grateful that Catherine turned cinematographer, and I'm grateful that you decided to share the music!

Maybe next time with voice as well? ;)

David Reimer

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it, love it, LOVE it. Thank you.

You bring that to my church any time, and I'll be one happy man.

Anonymous said...

Here is a video from Rev. Charles Nicks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw14CWUQP_4&feature=related

Christina said...

Wow! Blessings to you! I was doing a search for "A Debtor to Mercy Alone" and stumbled upon your blog. What a blessing! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I was following the thread of "Yes I know Jesus for Myself" and came on your rendition. I was wanting to see the lyrics. Just a couple seconds that and I was encouraged. Blessings on you for sharing your gifts! Thank you Jesus.

Unknown said...

Who is the writer of this song.