Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A question

I have a question. Really, I do. I have some ideas, but I’d like to know what you think.

In John 14:21 we have recorded these words of Jesus: “Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

Jesus said that the one who loves Him will be loved by His Father.

So, here is my question:

Does God love everyone? Specifically, does God love the wicked—those who, without shame or regret, refuse to keep His commands and obey His Son?

And, if not, how do you reconcile Jesus’ words in John 14:21 with His words in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

Like I said, I have some ideas, but I want to know what you think. And could you please back up your thinking with Scripture? I want Scripture proof.

Thanks. I look forward to reading your responses.

No comments: