Saturday, October 21, 2006

Dr. Sam Storms on the gift of tongues

Let me state, for the record, although I am solidly evangelical and Reformed in theology, I am absolutely not a cessationist. I do not find convincing evidence in Scripture for the position and, really, see no practical difference between a cessationist saying, "God no longer operates in that way" and a theological liberal saying, "That teaching of the Bible is no longer relevant for us today". It seems to me to be just another form of unbelief.

Anyway, I came across this reflection on the gift of tongues by Dr. Sam Storms over at Enjoying God Ministries. Dr. Storms is a decidedly Reformed Theologian who also happens to be a charismatic. Read what he has to say, and be like those believers at Berea: examine the Scriptures to see if these things which Dr. Storms writes are so (Acts 17:11).

At some later date, I'll have some more to say about this. But, if you have time, leave a comment. I'd like to know what you think.

No comments: